As a professional organization, NAYDO is committed to help you grow and thrive in your career. Your membership gives you access to training, networking, job listings, and advancement. Please check this page for new opportunities!
As a member benefit, you can post job opportunities on the NAYDO website so we can keep the best of the best in the Y Movement! If you have an opportunity you would like to share, please contact Kristen Obaranec, virtual training diretor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harrisburg Area YMCA
Senior Vice President of Financial Development
Are you a champion of the underserved? Do you want to make a difference in your community? Are you ready to join a fast-paced organization with a vision for even greater impact? Do you love telling stories and connecting people with purpose? We are looking for the next great relationship builder to lead and drive capital and annual campaigns. If you want to work with a highly engaged, fun group of servant leaders; and if you have a passion for developing successful fund-raising strategies, then the Y is the right place for you!
As the Senior Vice President of Financial Development, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to position the Y as “charity of choice.” This position plans and directs all aspects of the Y’s philanthropy/fundraising efforts, including major gifts cultivation, capital development initiatives, annual campaign, grant management and donor relations events. This position will expand and diversify the Harrisburg Area YMCA’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. This is a critical role within the senior management team that reports directly to the CEO. In addition, the Sr. VP will work closely with the Board of Directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
The Harrisburg Area YMCA is a successful Y with the need to grow to $1 million in annual fundraising and position the Y for a future capital campaign.
Must Have Talents
- Experience developing annual campaign strategy in line with the strategic vision of the organization.
- A relationship development guru with a deep understanding of the role of foundations, individual gifts, corporate giving, stakeholders, and other forms of philanthropy.
- An executive who understands the importance of aligning the organization internally around the cause and campaign objectives.
- 10+ years’ experience in growing development roles.
- Grow and retain annual campaign donors above the current campaign.
- Build a successful capital campaign strategy, engaging staff and volunteers.
- Actively involved in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gift prospects.
- Working with marketing and operations departments, strengthen the culture of philanthropy within the organization and establish the Y as a preferred cause within our community.
Harrisburg Area YMCA
The Harrisburg Area YMCA serves more than 50,000 members and 200,000 individuals a year – regardless of age, income, or background – to nurture the potential of children and teens, improve the nation’s health and well-being, and provide opportunities to give back and support neighbors. A part of the Harrisburg community since 1854, the Harrisburg Area YMCA serves the community through Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. At the Y, we strive to create programs that inspire and engage throughout the year.
The Harrisburg Area YMCA has five branch locations, along with the Center for Healthy Living, and provides long and short-term affordable housing. Competitive pay, strong benefits, commitment to diversity and an amazing work culture are just some of the reasons why we are a great place to work.
Salary Range: $105,000 to $125,000 plus benefits.
To apply, or for more information, email Chris Tointon at SVPApply@YMCAHarrisburg.org.
Lakeland Hills Family YMCA
Vice President of Fund Development
Lakeland Hills Family YMCA is in Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, and services 11 communities in Morris County, a suburb of New York City. The Y is dedicated to nourishing the mind, body and spirit through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility for all. Our Y proudly serves 9,500 members with an annual operating budget of $7 million dollars. The Y is currently searching for the next mission driven individual to lead our fund development department who will build upon the legacy of this Y and lead the organization’s fundraising into the next generation.
Position Title: Vice President, Fund Development
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
This role involves the management of a fund development department that will implement fundraising initiatives for Lakeland Hills YMCA in conjunction with board members, staff, and volunteers. We are looking for an individual who can develop a culture of philanthropy that will position Lakeland Hills YMCA as a “Charity of Choice” for investment of donations within the local community to support our mission and dedication to youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Our ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7- 10 years of fund development experience. This role involves organizing fundraising initiatives, working with board members, managing our annual fund, and building relationships with corporations, foundations, individual donors, staff, and volunteers.
Nature and Scope of Position
- Ensures that philanthropy and fund development are conducted in keeping with Lakeland Hills YMCA ’s values, mission, vision, plans, and compliance with our policies and procedures.
- Participates with the chief executive officer, staff, and Fund Development Committee in charting Lakeland Hills YMCA ’s course in fund development. This includes major gifts, grants, sponsorships, event development, social media efforts, and capital campaigns.
- Provides general oversight of all of Lakeland Hills YMCA’s fund development activities, manages the day- to-day operations of the development function, and monitors adequacy of activities through coordination with staff, appropriate committees, and governing body to ensure fund development revenue goals are met.
- Evaluates the effect of internal and external forces on Lakeland Hills Family YMCA and its fund development, recommends short and long-range fund development plans and programs that support Lakeland Hills YMCA ’s values, mission, and general objectives.
- Keeps informed of developments in philanthropy and fund development as well as the general fields of management and the not-for-profit sector; informs the chief executive officer, development committee and board on current trends, issues, problems, and activities in order to facilitate policy making. Recommends policy positions concerning fund development.
- With the Fund Development Committee chair, develops agendas for meetings so that the committees can fulfill their responsibilities effectively; develops an annual calendar to cover all crucial development issues in a timely fashion.
- Works with the chief executive and volunteer leadership to make the Fund Development Committee, the Board, the staff, and development volunteer function effectively in fund development.
- Solicits contributions on behalf of Lakeland Hills YMCA, generally by accompanying the Chief Executive Officer and volunteers.
- Helps board members, chief executive, other fundraising volunteers, and staff identify, cultivate, and solicit charitable gifts.
- Manages the development and writing of foundation, corporate and government proposals, and solicitation materials.
- Demonstrated success in learning the details of an organization’s substantive work and applying that knowledge in drafting successful fundraising solicitations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing a fund development program, preparing an annual development work plan, materials, and calendar to achieve goals.
- Preference for a minimum of 7-10 years of senior development experience.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and securing corporate foundation grants.
- Demonstrated success with generating increased funds from individual donors, both major donors and annual appeals, through a coordinated, strategic approach.
- Knowledge of planned giving.
- Experience with online fundraising.
- Exceptional writing skills, especially for grant proposals, reports, and related fundraising materials.
- Ability to think creatively about how to effectively engage new donor audiences.
- Strong oral communication, relationship building and “people” skills.
- Track record of taking initiative and working independently.
- Honed organizational skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Direct experience working with nonprofit boards preferred.
- Commitment to organizational mission and desire to learn the field.
Salary commensurate with experience and the degree to which the education, knowledge, skills, and abilities meet our requirements.
The YMCA offers a comprehensive health plan, generous medical and dental Health Reimbursement Accounts, and life insurance. The YMCA participates in the Y Retirement Program. The employee contributes 5% and the Y contributes 7% of compensation for eligible employees.
Candidates may apply by submitting their resume with cover letter and three professional references to:
David Gniewek - Director of Human Resources
Lakeland Hills Family YMCA
100 Fanny Road, Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046